Dear Students, Academics and Administrative Staff,
We would like to start by extending our heartfelt regards to all the members of Yeditepe Family.
As you are aware, we had to complete half of the Spring semester of 2019-2020 Academic Year and most of the 2020-2021 Academic Year due to the COVID-19 pandemic that spread throughout the world.
In the context of the current situation around the world and in our country, we have put in a lot of effort into the planning of the execution of 2021-2022 Academic Year, which we will start on 23 September 2021, and we still continue to do so. Regarding the topics that we have reached to an agreement, we make the necessary decisions in our executive boards and share them with you.
In this framework, we would like to briefly inform you regarding the regulations we have agreed upon below.
- We have agreed to conduct our courses in person and online in combination.
- For educational activities, our enclosed spaces are evaluated in terms of social distancing rules and classroom planning is being made for groups both for in-person courses and online courses. Use of campus areas for in-person education will include weekends as well and daily availability of use will be extended to 09:00 – 22:00.
- As a main principle, we have decided to centrally plan which student will attend to courses in person or in a distance education fashion following the course registrations. Weekly timetables will be shared with you in this regard.
- For theoretical courses, planning will be made for fully in-person classes or partially in-person and partially online education classes, according to the number of students attending.
- Applied courses (laboratories, applied classes, projects, workshops, small group teaching sections, student support sections, problem solving classes etc.) will be held in person.
- Foreign language preparatory programs will continue to be held both in-person and online, on certain days, as it had been during the fall semester of 2020-2021 Academic Year fall semester.
- Learning management systems, distance teaching platforms and classes that can broadcast live and record videos that have been in use at our university will continue to be used.
- Testing and assessment will be held in-person.
- Since the start of the pandemic, all our enclosed spaces, teaching areas, social apparatus, residence halls and shuttle buses have been at your disposal with all the necessary precautions taken and been awarded “Safe Campus Certificate” by the Turkish Institution of Standards. All the necessary precautions will continue to be applied.
The key to the realization of our determined educational goals are the full cooperation of our students, academics and administrative staff to the precautions taken.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a healthy, happy and peaceful summer holiday, as well as a face-to-face and interactive educational environment with all the precautions taken.
Yeditepe University Rectorate