Dear Students, Academics and Administrative Staff,
We would like to start our words by extending our kindest regards for the whole Yeditepe family.
As you know, for the 2020-2021 Academic year that we will start on 1 October 2020, we have spent a great deal of time on planning and the necessary regulations with the help of all the relevant boards of our university. After the decisions were made, on 13 August 2020, we have shared the decisions we reached with you in our university’s announcement.
Yet, in the light of the new information shared by the Council of Higher Education by evaluating the current situation, these decisions have been reviewed and the latest guidelines are provided below.
- For theoretical courses, synchronous distance learning method will be adopted. For this, digital resources and platforms that we had used in the previous semester will again be used.
- For programs that applied education is a necessity, it has been decided that in case it does not present an obstruction for the graduation of our students, the applied education portions will be postponed. In case of an obstruction, the applied education portions will be conducted in person with the use of personal protective equipment and by maintaining the distance and hygiene precautions.
- For in-person education, plans will be made in accordance with the maximum possible student capacity that is determined for the relevant programs and by the social distancing rules..
- Students who are not able to participate in these in-person classes and whose excuses have been deemed valid by the relevant academic units, distance learning opportunities will be provided.
- For students who wish to participate, small group learning sections, student support education sections, problem solving hours etc. will be carefully planned.
- For Graduate programs, courses will be held in a distance learning fashion. Also, for graduate students who need to conduct research and create projects, it is possible to be present within the campus in accordance with the regulations provided.
- Our Prep School education will be held in less crowded classes and divided into two days of in-person learning and two days of distance learning. Details will be provided by the Prep School later.
- Our test and assessment will be conducted in-person or in a distance testing fashion, depending on the type of course.
- Our residence halls, social facilities and shuttle buses will continue to be at your service by maintaining all kinds of pandemic precautions.
The key to succeeding in realizing these academic goals will be full compliance to the rules by our students, academics and administrative staff.
I hope to have a healthy, happy and peaceful academic semester for all of us, with all these precautions taken.
Prof.Dr. Canan Aykut Bingöl