Dear Academics, Administrative Staff and Students,
As we had paused our education due to the COVID-19 pandemic by the decision of the Council of Higher Education by 16 March 2020, we have continued our academic year as distance learning with a significant contribution from all of you as of 23 March 2020 by the decree of Council of Higher Education on 19 March 2020.
In light of the latest developments, the Council of Higher Education has presented a press release on 26 March 2020 regarding the latter stages of this process. The roadmap we have created as Yeditepe University in accordance with this press release is as follows.
- For appropriate classes, distance learning methodology and processes will continue as started. Midterm exams, homework and such evaluation methods for these classes will be determined by the lecturer on a class-specific basis, and they will be sent to Rectorate after being evaluated by the academic department executives (Deans, Chairpeople of institutes and colleges). Final exams for distance learning classes will be held on a date that will be determined after formal education continues. New 2020 Spring term academic calendar that has been reorganized in the light of these developments will be shared shortly by Senate’s decision.
- For classes that cannot be held in a distance learning fashion and has to be moved to summer term such as internships, applied education, projects etc., an appropriate roadmap (such as intense programs) will be developed by the lecturer on a class-specific basis, and they will be sent to Rectorate after being evaluated by the academic department executives.
- Laboratories that are already conducting research and postgraduate students working there may keep working. Specific cases regarding this will be managed by department executives.
- As per Yeditepe University Senate Agenda and Decisions, dated 27.03.2020, it has been decreed that in 2019-2020 Academic Year’s Spring term, the final date for lectures will be 15th of May, 2020 for distance learning Bachelor’s Degree programs, and 22nd of May, 2020 for distance learning Postgraduate programs. Final exams schedule will be arranged later.
- 2020 exam date for Transitioning to Higher Education (YKS) is determined as 25-26 July 2020 and our Academic Calendar for 2020-21 Academic Year will be organized after uncertainties are no more an obstacle.
We wish you all health, success and joy in such a time that is a new experience for all of us.
Yeditepe University Rectorate